Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Performs a variety of duties related to the installation,
operation, repair, and maintenance of overhead and/or underground
distribution systems, transmission facilities, and street light
systems to provide continuous and dependable electric service to
customers. Investigates service problems and takes necessary
actions to facilitate service restoration under normal conditions
or unusual occurrences and outages.
- Investigates and documents events of cut or damaged cable and
other company facilities.
- Operates a variety of electronic and other test equipment with
a high degree of efficiency.
- Constructs and maintains overhead and underground distribution
or transmission systems in accordance with Standard Operating
- Climb poles, set poles and string wire, utilizes and operates
equipment (e.g., aerial bucket trucks, and other construction
equipment), materials, and manpower in a safe, efficient and
- Perform substation and operating duties as operating feeder
control devices and transmission/distribution switching.
- Performs troubleshooting and service restoration duties in
order to maintain continuity of service.
- Switches and operates controls on the distribution system such
as re-fusing transformers, sectionalizing cutouts, laterals,
- Performs installation, repairs and/or removes conductors, self-
contained meters, services and security/street lights.
- Performs emergency tree trimming to clear distribution lines
and service conductors.
- Performs appropriate switching to de-energize facilities and/or
re- route current to allow service continuity and safe job
- Performs safe and efficient line patrol for determination of
line failure problems.
- Performs minor repairs on primary and secondary systems
including tying conductors, reconnecting jumpers, replacing
cutouts, replacing bad connections, tying off broken poles and
removing foreign objects from distribution systems.
- Work with co-workers and district personnel to perform more
complex assignments as required.
- Performs permanent or temporary repairs on the underground
service system to restore service.
- Responds to Fire Department requests for de-energizing lines
and equipment for work clearance.
- Investigates vehicle accidents in which company equipment is
- Takes necessary steps to ensure that affected area is safe for
the general public such as moving poles, lines and other equipment
- De-energizes any equipment that could be inadvertently
contacted by public persons.
- Accumulates necessary information concerning persons involved
and prepares necessary reports.
- Investigates injuries of public persons in which company
equipment is involved.
- Takes necessary steps to assist in life saving procedures.
- Accumulates necessary information and prepares necessary
- Maintains positive relationships with contacts within and
outside the Company.
- Contacts customers in a courteous manner regarding service
installation, repairs, interruptions, etc. and assures a positive
company image is projected.
- Maintains positive working relationships with Company
departments and staff, ensuring appropriate and timely transaction
of information and services.
- Performs service disconnection and reconnection, as
- Assists and advises UCO Department field personnel on
electrical problems encountered in disconnecting and reconnecting
- Completes CADS orders and other reports required for each job
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Five (5) years progressive Lineman experience and completion of
OGE Apprentice Program, or one (1) year of equivalent Journey
Lineman experience (i.e. Electric Utility certified Journeyman
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with DOT
- Required to live within 30 minutes of assigned service
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION**
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of electrical principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work alone or with co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule own work.
- Demonstrated ability to climb poles and work at heights up to
and exceeding thirty (30) feet.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adhere to Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) and company policies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in speech and
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally
with team members, leaders, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis problems, and
resolve complex issues effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to understand equipment, systems, and
- Demonstrated ability to use common purpose hand tools and other
materials of various craft trades.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust and adapt across varied working
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to safety requirements and
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Mechanical skills and familiarity working with mechanical
equipment (e.g., aerial bucket trucks, construction
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under minimal
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS-Office Suite (e.g.,
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of utility lighting
- Required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30)
- Required to work with voltages up to 34.5 kV.
- Required to work non- standard work schedules to include
overtime, weekends, holidays, and call-outs.
- Exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- Maintains or obtain all required certifications (e.g., Class A
Switching, Confined Space).
- Successfully complete Lineman and Switching Schools under the
- Required to operate motor vehicle safely in all traffic,
weather and light conditions.
- May be required to work under hazardous conditions.
- Requires wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Required to work away from home for extended periods, as
- **Physical Demands**
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing up to 88 pounds of force.
- Pulling up to 100 pounds of force.
- Prolonged walking with occasional stair/ladder climbing.
- Prolonged standing on various floor surfaces.
- Occasional crawling, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Frequent fine motor coordination and grasping.
- Frequent work in awkward positions in confined spaces.
- Frequent reaching overhead and reaching forward.
- For additional information about physical demands, go to
OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), is headquartered in Oklahoma City and
is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company
(OG&E), a regulated electric utility serving more than 815,000
customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE holds
26.3 percent limited partner interest and 50 percent general
partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, LP.OG&E serves
more than 815,000 retail customers in Oklahoma and western
Arkansas, and a number of wholesale customers throughout the
region. OG&E, with about 6,900 megawatts of capacity, generates
electricity from natural gas, western coal, and wind. OG&E's
electric transmission and distribution systems span 30,000 square
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Enid , Service Technician, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!