Posted on: April 29, 2019
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in
the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over
900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has
experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents
many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the
country in various locations, including cites such as: Jackson,
Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis
and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the
electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an
industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community
Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies,
consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial
distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market
leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial &
safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of
over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial
distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in
1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to
strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member
of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with
global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical
products and related solutions. For more information, visit
The ideal candidate will perform manual and clerical duties related
to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering
a variety of materials, equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ability to load, unload, and move materials within or near work
site to designated area per Sales Ticket.
* If the merchandise listed on the Sales Ticket is not in stock,
check with the writer of the ticket before backordering. Also,
check the Special Order area to see if we are holding item for a
* Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain
materials or containers to be moved. Rechecks orders that someone
else has assembled as an additional service to our customer.
* Packages merchandise for shipment by common carrier. Appropriate
packaging will depend upon the merchandise involved.
* Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or
padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
* Will be back up driver and deliver items if needed.
* Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks,
and shelves by hand. Unloads incoming vehicles and prepare
necessary receiving documents after carefully counting the
merchandise. Handles freight claims as required.
* Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks
information on cases, bales, or other containers.
* Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work
area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
* Learn to safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area.
Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or
moving materials and products.
* Familiarize yourself with all electrical merchandise and where it
is stored in the warehouse. Relocates or rearranges merchandise as
required. Fabricates and installs racks and shelving as
* Be courteous in all contact with company customers.
* Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare
identifying information and variety against bills of lading,
invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for
damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify;
completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
* Determines method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes and rates; prepares materials for shipping by
weighing, packaging and stamping; prepares necessary shipping forms
such as bills of lading.
* Provides on the job training to lower level employees and
resolves problems utilizing knowledge of shipping/receiving/stock
* Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet
jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize
* Ensures proper documentation and package marking with appropriate
placards when moving hazardous materials.
* Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per requests;
documents transactions appropriately; prepares requisitions and
computes costs; keeps records of storeroom inventory.
* Participates in ordering or purchasing standard stock items, such
as recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items or
ordering replenishments within established procedures and
* Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects.
* Skill in operating forklift or other materials handling
* Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested
Sonepar USA is an equal opportunity employer. EOE
Keywords: Vallen, Enid , Material Handler, Professions , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!