O&M Tech Senior, Pipeline
Company: Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Posted on: August 29, 2019
Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the gathering,
transmission and storage pipeline system. Ensures the pipeline
system is operated in compliance with all company policies and
procedures and applicable local, state and federal rules and
regulations. Coordinates maintenance and operations for the
pipeline system within the company. Ensures that the pipeline is
operated, within safe operating limits, and maintained in
compliance with all company policies and procedures and applicable
local, state and federal rules and regulations including but not
limited to PHMSA, DOT and OSHA regulations (where applicable).
Ensures the pipeline is set up, operated and maintained in order to
maximize return on invested capital in a safe, reliable and
This position handles complex responsibilities related to the
primary focus of job area. Proficient in a range of processes or
procedures within the area of responsibility. Works under minimal
supervision. May act as an informal resource for less experienced
employees. Resolves most questions and problems. Refers only the
most complex issues to higher levels. Fully understands principles
of technical field. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial
or conflicting information. May adapt procedures, processes and
techniques to meet more complex requirements of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor and ensure that pipeline upset conditions and issues are
addressed in a timely manner.
* Plan, conduct and lead pipeline-related tasks of a complex
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the mechanical operations
of equipment such as dehydration units, regulators, relief valves,
dump valves, actuators and other pipeline-related equipment.
Perform simple/complex Lock Out Tag Out procedures for necessary
work as required for hot and cold work in facilities. Write simple
or complex Lock Out Tag Out procedures for hot and cold work in
* Identify, report, and initiate immediate actions to correct
abnormal operating conditions associated with pipeline assets
within standard parameters.
* Assist with development of operations procedures such as pigging,
purging, dehydration O&M and ESD procedures.
* Proactively evaluate pipeline system and equipment performance
and initiate standard adjustments, as needed, to increase the
pipeline system efficiency.
* Mentor less experienced Pipeline Operators by providing technical
assistance, observing job performance, and assisting with
resolution of complex operational and maintenance issues associated
with pipeline-related assets.
* Proactively perform troubleshooting and analysis of complex
operational issues. Activities include troubleshooting operational
issues with dehydration units, regulators, relief valves, dump
valves, actuators, level controllers, pressure controllers and
other pipeline-related equipment.
* Develop project scopes for maintenance activities and work with
third-party contractors to obtain cost estimates, coordinate
execution of the projects.
* Understand EHS / O&M procedures and recognize when company
procedures need to be followed for specific maintenance and
operational activities. Such activities include implementation of
Lock Out Tag Out procures and Safe Work Permits.
* Complete line-locate requests in accordance with Damage
Prevention Regulations, utilizing Line Locating Equipment.
* Strong understanding of all pipeline maintenance and operations
equipment. Activities may include valve maintenance, filter
changes, pigging, liquid handling, condensate tank gauging, and
glycol dehydrator operations and maintenance.
* Support and perform construction activities such as well
connects, compressor station modifications or installations, and
tank battery installations.
* Conduct routine monitoring and inspection of pipeline assets.
Activities include performing facility inspections and documenting
operating conditions (i.e., pressures, temperatures, volumes) to
ensure a high level of reliability. Review multiple sets of data
collected to identify potential operational issues within a
geographical region related to pipeline assets.
* Respond to routine call-outs from Gas Control.
* Conduct/review routine patrols of ROW s to ensure there are no
encroachments or construction activities potentially affecting the
* Maintain all records and reports as required for compliance
* May perform one or more multi-skilled operations, maintenance and
installation duties in addition to the primary roles and
responsibilities listed above. Responsibilities include but are not
limited to: measurement, electronics, dehydration, treating,
corrosion, pipeline, compressor, gas processing plants, amine
treating facilities and regulatory compliance functions with direct
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Associates Degree/Vocational Certificate -and- two (2) years
directly related experience -or- five (5) years directly related
* Valid State Driver s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude in the use of hand and pneumatic
* Comprehensive knowledge of the overall operations and maintenance
of a natural gas pipeline system and associated equipment.
* Comprehensive knowledge in the operations and maintenance of
glycol dehydration units as required by location.
* Knowledge of cathodic protection/corrosion control
* Comprehensive knowledge in troubleshooting and repair of all
types of equipment pertaining to pipeline operations.
* Ability to make sound operational decisions by utilizing job
knowledge, work experience and evaluation of risks and
* Possess all required skills to assist with completion of
regulatory reporting requirements.
* Ability to accept additional responsibilities and accomplish
pipeline objectives while maintaining a positive attitude.
* Possess strong skills to serve as a resource in a
* Ability to prepare and maintain logs and records.
* Ability to take initiative or lead other in performing scheduled
and un-scheduled pipeline-related tasks with minimal
* Ability to effectively use a personal computer with Microsoft
Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
* Operate as a self-starter with individual drive and initiative to
start, develop and complete projects and initiatives. Recognize the
need for projects or process changes. Coordinate scheduling of
project work with multiple work teams or departments. Prepare and
submit all required documentation.
* Contribute to a positive working environment. Respect differences
in others and contribute to a harassment free workplace. Voice
questions and concerns in a constructive manner. Seek to understand
the opportunities associated with change, not just the potential
for additional challenges.
* Ability to work and participate successfully in a team-based
environment to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to communicate effectively with field employees,
management and public, both orally and in writing.
* Demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, company s ethics code of conduct and other company
policies and procedures.
* Respect and follow safety policies and regulations; scan the
environment for objects or people who may pose a safety risk;
encourage others to utilize safe and healthy work practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Enable Midstream Energy Partners, Enid , O&M Tech Senior, Pipeline, Other , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!