Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Serves in the Self Pay/Assistance Program section of Admissions
area and acts as a representative between hospital and patient in
order to secure payment for self-pay accounts. Assists with patient
admissions process as necessary.
* Field calls from customers regarding their statements.
* Contacts patients and/or patient's family concerning payer source
and/or financial information needed in order to collect.
* Follows-up on all self-pay admissions, while patient is in-house
and after discharge if appropriate in order to gather all financial
information in a timely manner.
* Reports details of self-pay patients to Director daily.
* Coordinates with eligibility representative and assigns accounts
* Analyze patient financial history to determine eligibility for
other medical funding options, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, and Crime
* Communicate alternate financial resources to patient and
* Communicate to patients and families financial
* Cash collections from customers paying their bill in person.
* Assists admitting with self-pay patients that present for
non-emergent tests and/or treatment
* Knowledge of third party reimbursement regulations, including
Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance, and uses knowledge to
expedite claims processing and detection of claims errors.
* Performs other duties as required and assigned.
* High school graduate or GED required.
* College course work preferred.
* One year job related experience, Health Care
* Organizational and independent decision making skills.
* Excellent customer relations skills.
* Knowledge of third party reimbursement regulations, to include
Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance.
* Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.
* Basic computer skills required.
It is the policy of the Facility to provide equal opportunity in
employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No
person will be discriminated against in employment on the basis any
legally protected characteristics such as race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation),
national origin, age (40 and over or as otherwise defined by
applicable law), disability or genetic information (including
family medical history) or protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State, or local
law. For purposes of this policy, race includes traits historically
associated with race, including but not limited to, hair type,
texture, length and protective hairstyles (including but not
limited to, braids, locks, twists, Bantu knots, hair coverings,
etc.). If certain workspaces require such restrictions for health
and safety reasons, non-discriminatory accommodations should be
considered and implemented if feasible.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Enid , Financial Counselor, Other , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!