Company: Metals USA
Posted on: June 23, 2022
PSC3177Purchasing AssistantEnid OK-PSJNPurchasing
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Prior purchasing experience of raw material preferred
* Ability to communicate oral & written effectively with both
internal & external customers.
* Ability to read basic mechanical drawings and blueprints
* Ability to interface effectively with all departments to foster a
success-oriented, deadline driven organization.
* Good analytical & organizational skills, able to make sound
decisions utilizing the data at hand.
* Must possess proficient math skills and basic accounting
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism & diplomacy to include
* Ability to work in high volume, transaction driven
* Ability to adhere to standard office practices and procedures to
include filing, customer service, attention to detail,
organizational management and time management.
* Computer Literacy to include Microsoft Office Products, (Word,
Excel and ERP).
Metals USA has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Assistant in
the Enid, OK location. The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for
procuring raw materials, tooling, office supplies and purchased
services at the appropriate quality, lowest price and within
acceptable time frames.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Adheres to company policy on prompt processing of all orders.
* Purchases raw material and tooling for custom and standard
inventory as well as materials, office supplies and equipment
needed for day to day operations.
* Checks internal stock prior to purchasing any materials, tooling
* Fills open job requirements per company procedures.
* Builds and maintains good business vendor relationships, and
seeks out new or alternates vendors as required.
* Prepares and communicates complete and accurate purchase orders
according to company guidelines and confirms acknowledgements.
* Enters all orders to shop system per company procedures.
* Expedites and follows up purchase orders as requested.
* Alerts management to all delays in material receipts that impact
customer delivery date.
* Resolves order and billing discrepancies in coordination with
accounting and vendors, and responds to inquiries on any material
* Prepares and transmits requests for quotes for items to be
purchased via telephone, fax and email.
* Ensures vendors meet all company requirements such as
certifications and proper references to purchase order numbers on
* Ensures vendors can provide products that meet the necessary
internal technical and quality requirements.
* Processes returned purchased items that are not acceptable or do
not meet specifications.
* Maintains purchasing library to include paper/computer files and
purchasing history files.
* Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the
duties of a purchasing clerk/administrative assistant.
* Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying
special attention to safety regulations.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum's Code of Conduct as well
as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Great Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D/
Keywords: Metals USA, Enid , Purchasing Assistant, Other , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!