Med Tech I - *$3000.00 Sign on Bonus!*
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma - Enid, Oklahoma - 6am-2:30pm
Main Duties: - Perform testing in the areas of Blood Bank,
Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Serology, and
Microbiology in a hospital environment. - Weekly monitoring of QC
and corrective action documentation. Monthly preparation of QC and
corrective action for technical supervisor. - - Responsible for
day-to-day activities of the laboratory in the absence of lab
supervisor. - Ensure lab maintains QC, CAP and NQA
Required Knowledge: - A solid understanding of basic laboratory
testing, including Quality Assurance /Quality Control is required
for this position. A successful candidate will possess good
computer skills and be able to adapt to using multiple computer
systems. The candidate should be able to take instruction from a
variety of sources without adversity.
Required Experience: - Previous hospital laboratory experience is a
plus but not required. Should have basic -knowledge associated with
testing in Hematology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation,
Serology, Urinalysis and Microbiology. - A successful candidate
should possess national certification as an MT or MLT from a
Special Requirement: - Holiday and weekend rotation required. -
Overtime may be required as staffing levels dictate. - Must be
willing to work outside of normal hours to maintain service levels
to hospital. - -A successful candidate should possess national
certification as an MLT or MT from a recognized organization (ASCP
Quest Diagnostics JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in
their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or
immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical
results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration
dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new
16. Attend monthly department and any additional
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know
the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the
location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or
Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical
Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR
493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates
must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF
(International Education Research Foundation). United States
educated candidates must provide a detailed original
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred.
Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly
complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle
several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service
skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search
--- -MT/CLS - Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular
Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public
--- -MT/CLS - Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological,
Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)
--- -MT/CLS - Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist,
Immunochemical, Assay Validation - ELISA (Enzyme-Linked
Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
--- -MT/CLS - Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology ,
Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical
--- -MT/CLS - Toxicology or PDM - Toxicology, Pain, Pain
Management, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Enid , Med Tech I - *$3000.00 Sign on Bonus!*, Other , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!