Surg Tech - Certified, Days, Birthplace
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Responsible for planning and preparing for the surgical
procedure and assisting the surgeon. Assist in care of hospital
patients under the direction of nursing and the medical staff.
Position is responsible for adhering to all standards of nursing
care, and for promoting teamwork among co-workers.
- Flexes hours as needed, rotates call and stays late when needed
to assist with the schedule.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Birthplace surgery
- Order case cart requisitions according to procedure and
specific doctors' preference card.
- Delivery of sterile instruments to a sterile field.
- Open sterile supplies for procedure according to specific
doctor's preference card.
- Maintenance of a sterile field.
- Counting of surgical objects as required per policy.
- Anticipate variables by having instruments/supplies available
in the room.
- Specialty instruments and supplies are prepared for
sterilization by the end of the shift.
- Verifying drugs and solution received from circulating nurse
according to department procedure.
- Observe for breaks in sterile technique and handle according to
department standards of care.
- Properly prepares instruments for decontamination.
- Accountability of surgical objects.
- Accountability and care of surgical specimens.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Possession/ maintenance of Certified Surg Tech certification
(CST) required or LPN current Oklahoma license preferred.
- BLS required.
- Surgical technology preparation and/or experience in operating
room technique preferred.
- Nurse Aide experience is a preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments
and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Enid , Surg Tech - Certified, Days, Birthplace, Other , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!