Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems;
utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor,
using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering
- Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts,
using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system,
using hand tools.
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using
cutting and bending equipment and tools.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means
of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch,
forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity
controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and
connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test
systems and add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to
insure proper operation.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or
soap and water solution.
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place
with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches,
fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using
electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from
fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and small
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Ability to perform most complex and unusual tasks of the craft
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, construction
drawings, schematics and diagrams as they pertain to the
- Ability to perform work of the craft in a rapid and efficient
manner under extreme conditions.
- Must be able to perform work safely under hazardous
- Able to troubleshoot and repair most complex problems.
- Expert knowledge of craft theory and craft materials with the
ability to apply the theory and select the proper materials.
- Trained in all types and sizes of air conditioning
refrigeration and evaporative cooling equipment.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification to purchase
and handle ozone depleting chemical as outlined in federal and
- Steam boiler knowledge is a must for this position.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., squat, bend, stoop and kneel for
short periods, climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time,
constant arm extensions.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise,
dust, dirt, chemicals, but none to the point of being disagreeable.
May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts,
his job description is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, Enid , HVAC Mechanic, Other , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!