Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Performs radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring
constant supervision of technical detail. Assists radiologist in
performing fluoroscopic exams. Performs imaging procedures in one
specialty area at a technical level not requiring constant
supervision of technical detail. Call required in a specialty area
for which competency has been achieved.
- Performs all general, surgical, specialty, vascular, cardiac,
CT, MRI and Nuclear Medicine radiography procedures efficiently and
produces films of consistently high quality.
- Demonstrates ability to perform proper radiation protection for
the patient in all exams.
- Selecting the proper technique factor using the technique chart
as a reference.
- Demonstrates understanding of surgery procedures and
- Completely prepares/cleans room for each exam.
- Works with and instructs student radiographers.
- Processes images recognizing potential image generation
- Obtains adequate patient history; prepares images for
interpretation; and assures correct information is included on each
- Proficiently utilizes Cerner, which includes Radnet,
Scheduling, and Powerchart modules for patient information
- Able to proficiently send images and documentation as needed
for off-site review to imaging review services. Knows how to
troubleshoot transmission problems when they arise.
- Knowledge in operation of equipment not limited to but
including digital console, image processors, recording/monitoring
equipment, cine viewer, digital archiving equipment, etc.
- Assists RN in preparing and monitoring patients recognizing
- Assures proper radiation and magnet protection for the patient,
co-workers, and self.
- Assures proper documentation of patient and procedures.
- Documents and records information required on images and
- Knowledgeable of all supplies stocked in Cath lab .i.e.
catheters ,guide wires , PTA balloons cath, I.V. solutions,
interventional cardiac supplies (PTCA, and stent) etc.
- Maintains schedule workload while accommodating add on
- Prepares room and patient for exams as required.
- Insures radiation safety protection self, patients, co-workers,
physicians, and visitors.
- Processes images and presents for interpretation in a timely
- Assures arrangements have been made for sedation, if needed
following departmental policy.
- Prepares room and patient for exams as required. Insuring
patient is prepped and ready for procedure and when applicable
radiologist has all material needed for procedures.
- Assumes the responsibility for daily workflow.
- Orders and prepares radioisotopes for administration following
- Maintains proper records as required by the NRC, State
- Orders and stocks supplies where needed.
- Assures equipment is in appropriate working condition.
- Completes requisitions accurately and immediately after exam
- Verifies correct exam and related supplies are ordered,
documented and charged.
- Participates in department QI program.
- Able to assist in burning CD's for patient data copying.
- Demonstrate the ability to check chart orders.
- Demonstrate proficiency in attending to the physical safety and
comfort of the patient.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect the patient to the necessary
monitors, leads, etc., as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in assessing the patient's vital
- Shows proficiency in venipuncture and maintaining IV during
procedure and administration of contrast materials. Knows when
there is a complication and how to respond. Correctly documenting
and adverse effects.
- Reviews patient procedure/protocols for optimal imaging,
opportunities to reduce patient radiation exposure/dosage and still
maintain image integrity.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and adhere to sterile
techniques when performing special procedures (i.e. myelogram,
arthrogram, surgery cases).
- Demonstrates ability to maintain sterile techniques when
- Obtains a signed consent from the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge on how to handle contaminated linens and
protect self from body substances.
- Demonstrates knowledge of isolation and Biohazard
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain an adequate history of the
patient and document the proper information in Cerner.
- Proper powering up of equipment, maintaining equipment,
stocking equipment, troubleshooting and requesting repairs if
- Processes images and documents exposures, labels all images,
completes all requisitions and orders for radiological
interpretation, keeping all exam rooms clean.
- Properly handling equipment to avoid damage.
- Recognize hazards and who to report them to.
- Operates the radiographic table, tomographic unit and image
- Properly operates mobile radiographic units.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school required.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
or registry eligible.
- Must be registered within 3 months of employment and maintain
- BLS required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Radiographer.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Typing and basic computer skills required.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.EEO
StatementIt is the policy of the Facility to provide equal
opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for
employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment
on the basis any legally protected characteristics such as race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and
sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 and over or as
otherwise defined by applicable law), disability or genetic
information (including family medical history) or protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Federal, State, or local law. For purposes of this policy, race
includes traits historically associated with race, including but
not limited to, hair type, texture, length and protective
hairstyles (including but not limited to, braids, locks, twists,
Bantu knots, hair coverings, etc.). If certain workspaces require
such restrictions for health and safety reasons, non-discriminatory
accommodations should be considered and implemented if
feasible.NoticeAt UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources
departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates
with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career
at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly
efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail,
Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, let us know by contacting us at:
https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Enid , Radiology Tech, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...