Posted on: January 24, 2023
Transcribes physician orders, maintains and audits charts and
records, and communicates effectively. Also serves as a Nurse Aide
at times, performing various patient care activities in caring for
the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- Transcribe physician orders, schedule tests, x-ray, graph TPR,
blood pressure and weight with 98% accuracy.
- Assemble and update charts and records daily.
- Records vital signs, intake and output measurements, weights,
etc. in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Notifies nurse and other departments as appropriate of Stat and
- Notify nurse of patient admission/dismissal and relay room
assignments to proper departments.
- Determines and orders appropriate preps for tests and or
- Schedules and coordinates physician appointments at the time of
- Order and maintain supply inventory in a cost effective and
- Maintains each medical record with physicians' orders, progress
notes, consult records, etc. on a daily basis.
- Make appropriate charges and notifications when status
- Group each chart form with appropriate patient name prior to
posting in medical record.
- Responsible for maintenance requests through the order entry
- Receive and direct visitors to patient rooms.
- Assist physician in locating charts and records.
- Obtains appropriate consent for invasive tests/procedures with
- Posts daily lab and x-ray results in each appropriate medical
record with physician orders, progress notes, consult records, etc.
on a daily basis.
- Masters new work routines and techniques. Reviews protocols to
clarify uncertain aspects ensuring excellence in standard of care
- Maintains clean and organized work area helping to project a
good impression and maximizing the efficiency of the work
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related
criteria appropriate to the age of patients served in his/her
assigned service area.
- Assist with activities of daily living i.e., bathing, skin
care, dressing, feeding, ambulating, transporting, and bed
- Take and record vital signs and I&O's, apply ice bags, aqua
K pads, and maintain continuous bladder irrigations.
- Report all unusual conditions or reactions to nurse in
- Answer lights promptly, collect food trays, and respond to
patient wants and needs.
- Complete or review worksheet of assignments for patient care
within 30 minutes of shift change.
- Obtains and documents vital signs as instructed per nurse.
- Assists with documentation of temperature control logs.
- Assists with monthly cleaning of unit refrigerators.
- Supports the organizational initiative of hourly rounding and
documenting rounding with a purpose on white boards.
- Supports the organizational initiative of timely response to
call lights. Addresses needs or reports needs to the RN as
- Utilizes lifting/transfer equipment to transfer patients safely
and reduce injury.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and maintains proper body alignment
when working with all patients.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all equipment used and be
able to apply appropriately per instructions from the nurse,
keeping patient's safety in mind all the time.
- Assists patients with clock void per instructions of nurse.
This will be evidenced by documentation and verbal report to
- Assist patients with swallowing difficulties by following
guidelines set by speech therapists i.e. chin tuck, thick-it,
- Responsible for proper collection, labeling and transport of
specimens adhering to infection control and BSI guidelines.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area helping to project a
good impression and maximizing the efficiency of the work
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participates in
continuing education annually to meet own professional development
and department specific requirements.
- Utilizes good hand hygiene techniques, including washing hands
and use of hand sanitizer when entering and exiting patient
- Performs other duties as required and
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Certified Nurse Aide certification required.
- BLS is required prior to beginning orientation or working on a
- Minimum of one-year full time experience in business or
healthcare with an emphasis in clerical.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Medical terminology preferred.
It is the policy of the Facility to provide equal opportunity in
employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No
person will be discriminated against in employment on the basis any
legally protected characteristics such as race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation),
national origin, age (40 and over or as otherwise defined by
applicable law), disability or genetic information (including
family medical history) or protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State, or local
law. For purposes of this policy, race includes traits historically
associated with race, including but not limited to, hair type,
texture, length and protective hairstyles (including but not
limited to, braids, locks, twists, Bantu knots, hair coverings,
etc.). If certain workspaces require such restrictions for health
and safety reasons, non-discriminatory accommodations should be
considered and implemented if feasible.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com
Keywords: UHS, Enid , CNA- PCCU, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!