RN - L&d
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The RN has multiple roles and functions including care-giver,
decision-maker, client advocate, manager, rehabilitator, comforter,
communicator, and teacher. The functions include assessment of the
nursing needs of the patient, initiation of the plan of care of
nurse action, implementation of the plan of care and the evaluation
of the process, by use of the nursing process. The Standards of
Practice set forth by the professional nursing associations provide
guidelines for the competent, safe and professional practice. The
RN promotes the dignity and quality of the nursing care given to
* Involves the patient and family psychosocial, spiritual,
emotional, population specific, and diversity needs in care
* Constructs and implements the plan of care using nursing
knowledge and skill. Integrates direct and indirect patient care
activities related to the diagnosis and co-morbidities.
* Coordinates the implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of
care for assigned patients. Develops goals, treatment plans, and
discharge plans that meet individual patient/family needs.
* Consistently completes hourly rounds with purpose to strengthen
nurse communication, improve safety, and anticipate patient needs
(i.e. pain, re-positioning, toileting). Rounds with purpose
including pro-actively evaluating the environment to ensure it is
patient friendly and patient safe.
* Collaborates with the patient's designated care partner to meet
the educational, physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of
* Actively participates in bedside report (as appropriate) to ease
anxiety and address important points of care, concerns, and
progress with the patient/family.
* Provides patients with caregiver name and contact information
* Provides care that is respectful of and responsive to the patient
values in clinical decision making.
* Supports and informs the patient and family of hospital specific
components of the Patient Centered Care Delivery model. Examples
may include informing the family of open medical record policy,
supports open family visitation, family presence during
resuscitation and other invasive procedures and promotes a quiet
* Acts with integrity, consistency, and respect for differing
* Assumes role of team member, charge nurse or team leader based on
the need and/or situation.
* Follows communication practices that minimize risks associated
with handoffs among providers, and across transitions in care
utilizing the SBAR process.
* Leads or participates in the design and implementation of systems
that support effective teamwork.
* Empowers contributions of others who play a role in helping
patients/families achieve health goals.
* Solicits input from other team members to improve individual, as
well as team, performance.
* Initiates actions to resolve conflict.
* Demonstrates the ability to formulate questions that address
* Demonstrates proficiency in completing an evidence-based practice
* Analyzes best evidence to address a clinical question.
* Translates evidence into clinical practice through the consistent
use of knowledge and evidence. Can verbalize obstetrical core
* Utilizes clinical reasoning and knowledge based on evidence-based
practice outcomes and research studies as the basis for decision
making and comprehensive patient care.
* Demonstrates quality through accurate documentation of the
nursing process in a responsible, accountable manner.
* Demonstrates quality through accurate documentation of core
measures and concurrent use of tools and resources to ensure high
compliance is achieved (core measure checklist, double checks,
* Utilizes the results of quality improvement activities to
initiate changes in nursing practice and care delivery.
* Understands and analyzes unit metrics to understand how
individual practice, continuing education, and process improvement
is necessary to improve the quality of practice.
* Participates in efforts to minimize cost and eliminate waste and
* Utilizes policies, procedures, and evidence-based guidelines to
improve the quality of practice.
* Participates in interdisciplinary teams to evaluate clinical care
* Demonstrates competent clinical skills, critical thinking, and
* Participates in HRU activities.
* Follows facility policies and procedures to promote patient
safety (i.e. safe medication administration, equipment safety
practices, radiation safety, fire prevention, etc).
* Reports errors (facility and unit) to promote analysis of errors
and design of prevention or system improvements.
* Utilizes appropriate patient safety strategies to prevent human
errors (checklists, forced functions, software calculations,
mandatory fields, etc.).
* Demonstrates effective use of technology and standardized
practices to promote safety.
* Attends yearly competency training for high risk volume skills
and policy review.
* Demonstrates throughout the year, understanding and knowledge of
high risk low volume skills and policies.
* Navigates the patient's electronic health record to accurately
enter and locate appropriate information.
* Demonstrates sound judgment to increase or decrease the frequency
of data collection based upon the patient's clinical condition and
* Incorporates patient data from multiple sources to identify
problems and assure timely and appropriate intervention.
* Ensures the confidentiality and security of patient information
while advocating for and involving the patient as appropriate.
* Participates in the collection of data to support nursing
research and evidence based nursing practice.
* Maximizes the capabilities of the electronic clinical information
system to enhance clinical decision and care planning.
* Participates in required chart audits for ongoing HRU.
* Makes discretionary patient care decisions/interventions
independently within the scope of practice (selects a course of
action consistent with the patient's needs and is accountable for
decisions). Is self-directed and decision oriented.
* Practices interdependently, utilizing the skills and observations
of team members appropriately.
* Practices with respect and dignity and advocates for the
* Facilitates problem resolution among peers and unlicensed team
members when behaviors and decisions are not within the range of
* Prioritizes and delegates care appropriately.
* Evaluates changes in the patient condition and reports
significant findings to the physician. Involves all disciplines,
patient & family to coordinate effective medical and nursing
interventions including rescue to achieve positive outcomes.
* Performs other duties as required and assigned.
* Current RN licensure from the State of Oklahoma.
* ADN required, BSN preferred
* Up to 3 years' experience preferred.
* BLS required until ACLS obtained.
* ACLS required within 6 months of hiring.
* NRP required within 6 months of hiring.
* Completion of Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring Program (ED:FETALM)
(Relias) before orientation completion (usually 90 days). No
* Completion of Intermediate AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Program
(ED:AWOHNN) within 6 months of employment. No renewal date.
* Case studies as required through OBHRU
* Healthcare Provider Law reviewed and signed within first 14 days
of employment required.
* Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.
* Basic computer skills required.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit
to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation
of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and
recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and
our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Enid , RN - L&d, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!