LPN/LVN Float Pool
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Responsibilities Performs the functions of LPN in implementing
and evaluating nursing care for all assigned patient care in
collaboration with a registered nurse. * Participates in the
modification of the plan of care by collaborating with other
members of the multidisciplinary team with consideration of the
developmental needs of the patient.
* Participates in the evaluation of the patient's response to
interventions based upon predicted outcome
* Reassesses the patient as defined in the Nursing Standards of
Care Policy and modifies the plan of care as needed.
* Contributes to the assessment of the patient by conducting
focused assessments of the patient.
* Collects data and compares the data collected to the patient's
previous condition and documents/reports as appropriate.
* Supports the organizational initiative of hourly rounding and
documenting rounding with a purpose. Utilizes the 4Ps during
* Supports the organizational initiative of timely response to call
lights. Addresses needs and reports to the caregiver as
* Makes sound judgment based on strong assessment skills, keeps
appropriate people aware of pertinent changes or problems in
* Demonstrates competence in assembling and operating equipment for
* Adheres to "five rights" when administering patient
* Use appropriate techniques when preparing and administering
sterile drugs and products
* Evaluates effectiveness of medications administered.
* Intervenes appropriately in the event of adverse drug
* Attains 80% scanning of medications.
* Keeps medications and WOW secure at all times.
* Provides planned education for the patient per Patient/Family
Education policy with consideration of developmental
* Documents assessments, plan of care-implemented interventions,
and patient's response to intervention/treatment according to
policy utilizing appropriate forms/screens.
* Ensures the patient's safety when transporting patient during
discharge, transfer, or inter-departmental travel.
* Performs other duties as required and assigned. Qualifications *
Current LPN license from the State of Oklahoma required.
* Current BLS required unless ACLS is obtained and maintained
* 1 year Full or Part time (greater than 20 hours per week)
hospital based experience required.
* Proof of IV therapy course through LPN education program or IV
therapy venipuncture activity training course required within 6
* Record of procedure proficiency; Venipuncture Skills
* Healthcare Provider Law reviewed and signed within first 14 days
of employment required. Annual review through HS Learning required
* Must successfully complete pre-employment assessment.
* Basic computer skills required. EEO Statement All UHS
subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to
recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success. Notice At UHS and all
subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are
here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and
experience with the best possible career at UHS and our
subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best
in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email, let us know by contacting us at: 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Enid , LPN/LVN Float Pool, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!