RN - REHAB, NIGHTS - SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - ENID, Oklahoma - Rehabilitation
Company: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2022
ResponsibilitiesWhy St. Mary's Rehab
- We are ranked in the top 10% (out of 868 inpatient rehab units)
across the United States for our quality patient outcomes.
- Our patient return home rate for 2021 to date is 85.3%
(nationally average is 79.4%).
- We like to have fun and work hard to help our patients meet
their individual goals.
- We are providing our rehab nurses the resources to achieve
becoming Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses.The RN has
multiple roles and functions including care-giver, decision-maker,
client advocate, manager, rehabilitator, comforter, communicator,
and teacher.-- The functions include assessment of the nursing
needs of the patient, initiation of the plan of care of nurse
action, implementation of the plan of care and the evaluation of
the process, by use of the nursing process.-- The Standards of
Practice set forth by the professional nursing associations provide
guidelines for the competent, safe and professional practice.-- The
RN promotes the dignity and quality of the nursing care given to
- Current RN licensure from the State of Oklahoma
- ADN required, BSN preferred
- Current BLS required unless ACLS is obtained and maintained
- Experience preferred.
- NIH Stroke Scale Certified within 2 months of hire.
- Team (De-Escalation) Training completed within 6 months of
- Healthcare Provider Law reviewed and signed within first 14
days of employment required. Annual review through HS Learning
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment
- Involves the patient and family psychosocial, spiritual,
emotional, population specific, and diversity needs in care
- Constructs and implements the plan of care using nursing
knowledge and skill. Integrates direct and indirect patient care
activities related to the diagnosis and co-morbidities.
- Coordinates the implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of
care for assigned patients. Develops goals, treatment plans, and
discharge plans that meet individual patient/family needs.
- Consistently completes hourly rounds with purpose to strengthen
nurse communication, improve safety, and anticipate patient needs
(i.e. pain, re-positioning, toileting). Rounds with purpose
including pro-actively evaluating the environment to ensure it is
patient friendly and patient safe.
- Collaborates with the patient's designated care partner to meet
the educational, physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of
- Actively participates in bedside report (as appropriate) to
ease anxiety and address important points of care, concerns, and
progress with the patient/family.
- Provides patients with caregiver name and contact information
- Supports and informs the patient and family of hospital
specific components of the Patient Centered Care Delivery model.
Examples may include informing the family of open medical record
policy, supports open family visitation, family presence during
resuscitation and other invasive procedures and promotes a quiet
- Follows communication practices that minimize risks associated
with handoffs among providers, and across transitions in care
utilizing the SBAR process.
- Empowers contributions of others who play a role in helping
patients/families achieve health goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to formulate questions that address
clinical issues and analyzes the evidence to address these
- Demonstrates proficiency in completing an evidence-based
practice literature search.
- Demonstrates quality through accurate documentation of the
nursing process, core measures and concurrent use of tools and
resources to ensure high compliance is achieved (core measure
checklist, double checks, etc.).
- Understands and analyzes unit metrics to understand how
individual practice, continuing education, and process improvement
is necessary to improve the quality of practice.
- Follows facility policies and procedures to promote patient
safety (i.e. safe medication administration, equipment safety
practices, radiation safety, fire prevention, etc).
- Reports errors (facility and unit) to promote analysis of
errors and design of prevention or system improvements.
- Navigates the patient's electronic health record to accurately
enter and locate appropriate information.
- Demonstrates sound judgment to increase or decrease the
frequency of data collection based upon the patient's clinical
condition and data trends.
- Incorporates patient data from multiple sources to identify
problems and assure timely and appropriate intervention.
- Maximizes the capabilities of the electronic clinical
information system to enhance clinical decision and care
- Makes discretionary patient care decisions/interventions
independently within the scope of practice (selects a course of
action consistent with the patient's needs and is accountable for
decisions).-- Is self-directed and decision oriented.
- Facilitates problem resolution among peers and unlicensed team
members when behaviors and decisions are not within the range of
- Evaluates changes in the patient condition and reports
significant findings to the physician. Involves all disciplines,
patient & family to coordinate effective medical and nursing
interventions including rescue to achieve positive outcomes.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.EEO StatementAll
UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit
to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success.--NoticeAt UHS and all our
subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are
here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and
experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our
subsidiaries.-- We take pride in creating a highly efficient and
best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process,
no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, Enid , RN - REHAB, NIGHTS - SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - ENID, Oklahoma - Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!