TECH - SLEEP LAB/POLYSOMN, FULLTIME, NIGHTS
Company: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 18, 2021
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Sleep Lab
Coordinator the Registered Polysomnography Tech, provides
comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may
involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or
patient care and education. A Registered Polysomnographer can
perform all the duties defined for Polysomnography tech and may
provide supervision of other staff.
- Obtains and documents a general history from all patients which
includes a diagnosis and medications 100% of the time.
- Prepares patient and applies electrodes using the international
10-20 system, 100% of the time, and routinely within 30
- Complete sleep record according to department policy and
procedure and assure accurate data collected and documented on
- Recognize and correct when able, malfunctions of equipment in
order to provide optimal test results.
- Communicates effectively with people on expectations and
requirements to complete optimal testing.
- Complete and forward data to appropriate personnel at the end
of each study.
- Recognizes, monitors, and/or eliminates artifact such as high
impedance leads, muscle artifact, eye movements, respiration
artifact, and/or EKG in order to obtain an adequate test.
- Performs follow-up necessary for completion and documentation
of all diagnostic procedures.
- Uses Two Patient Identifiers on all patients
- Prepares patients for sleep studies in a professional manner
and as specified by each physician. Requests assistance when
preparation instructions are unclear.
- Records accurate information on designated forms in a legible
manner for physician.
- Remains present and quiet during testing. Receives no
- Utilizes verbal and written communication with physician,
nursing units, and technologists.
- Inputs and reviews patient information, orders, scheduling and
charges with documentation of patient status, testing, charges, and
distribution of reports.
- Assure documentation of patient care and education of the
patient and family regarding testing procedures and results.
- Completes daily charges with no errors.
- Prioritize to meet deadlines and assignments.
- Utilizes educational experiences available to effectively
promote the capabilities of the department inclusive of
- Provides accurate report to clinical coordinator at shift
- Is competent in the complete set up of the patient to include
all monitoring devices, CPAP/ BIPAP, etc. to provide for accurate
and high quality testing.
- Facilitates comfort by explaining all procedures prior to and
during the test.
- Able to recognize stages of sleep and to score entire
- Able to set up, record, and troubleshoot all studies
- Demonstrates competence in assembling and operating equipment
for patient care.
- Practices effective problem identification/ resolution skills
as a method of sound decision making.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks/duties and the
direction/coordination of other healthcare team members, patient
care, and unit activities.
- Consistently makes sound judgments based on strong assessment
skills, keeps appropriate people aware of pertinent changes or
problems in patient condition.
- Adheres to "five rights" if administering patient
- Evaluates effectiveness of medications administered.
- Intervenes appropriately in the event of adverse drug
- Reacts efficiently to emergency situations by adhering to
policies and protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events.
- Provides planned education for the patient with consideration
of developmental differences.
- Documents assessments, implemented interventions and patient's
response to intervention/treatment according to policy utilizing
- Remains flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of
patient care and strives to manage situations in a reduced risk
- Functions within scope of practice for the Respiratory Care
Practitioner licensed in Oklahoma.(if applicable)
- Reports variances according to risk management processes of
- Ensures the patient's safety when transporting patients during
discharge, transfer or inter-departmental travel.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participates in
continuing education annually to meet own professional development
and department specific requirements.
- Annually demonstrates competency in providing Respiratory
treatment for patients of all ages. Hand Held Medication Nebulizer,
BI-PAP and CPAP If RRT.
- Annually demonstrates competency in assembling and using
- Annually demonstrates competency in BI-PAP/CPAP With Mask
- Annually demonstrates competency in assembling and using
- Ensures Oklahoma Respiratory Care Practitioner License is kept
current if holds current License.
- Other duties assigned.Qualifications
- High School graduate or GED required.
- BLS required.
- Registered in Polysomnography is required.
- Licensed as a respiratory therapy practitioner is
- Minimum of one-year experience in a sleep lab is required.
- The ability of scoring tests is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Typing and basic computer skills required.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.
- Must be Alice G3 proficient.EEO StatementAll UHS subsidiaries
are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where
equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and
teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as
such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection,
placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.NoticeAt UHS and all subsidiaries, our
Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help
prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with
the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride
in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate
experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or
employee will request financial or personal information (Social
Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you
via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail
client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious
of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us
at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, Enid , TECH - SLEEP LAB/POLYSOMN, FULLTIME, NIGHTS, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!