RN 13-WEEK ASSIGNMENT: ER FT NIGHTS CHARGE NURSE EXP
Company: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 12, 2021
ResponsibilitiesThe RN has multiple roles and functions
including care-giver, decision-maker, client advocate, manager,
rehabilitator, comforter, communicator, and teacher. The functions
include assessment of the nursing needs of the patient, initiation
of the plan of care of nurse action, implementation of the plan of
care and the evaluation of the process, by use of the nursing
process. The Standards of Practice set forth by the professional
nursing associations provide guidelines for the competent, safe and
professional practice. The RN promotes the dignity and quality of
the nursing care given to the patient.
- Current RN licensure from the State of Oklahoma required.
- ADN required, BSN preferred
- BLS required until ACLS obtained. ACLS, PALS, NIH Stroke Scale
required within 6 months of employment in Emergency
- If no pediatric experience, Pediatric Emergency Assessment,
Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) required within 1 year of
- 2-3 years? experience in Med/Surg, Critical Care, or Emergency
Medical Services preferred.
- Techniques for Effective Aggression Management
(TEAM-De-Escalation) completed within 6 months of hire.
- Healthcare Provider Law reviewed and signed within first 14
days of employment required. Annual review through HS Learning
- Ability to tolerate high stress levels, and maintain a positive
behavior. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required.Qualifications
- Involves the patient and family psychosocial, spiritual,
emotional, population specific, and diversity needs in care
- Constructs and implements the plan of care using nursing
knowledge and skill. Integrates direct and indirect patient care
activities related to the diagnosis and co-morbidities.
- Coordinates the implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of
care for assigned patients. Develops goals, treatment plans, and
discharge plans that meet individual patient/family needs.
- Consistently completes hourly rounds with purpose to strengthen
nurse communication, improve safety, and anticipate patient needs
(i.e. pain, re-positioning, toileting). Rounds with purpose
including pro-actively evaluating the environment to ensure it is
patient friendly and patient safe.
- Collaborates with the patient?s designated care partner to meet
the educational, physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of
- Actively participates in bedside report (as appropriate) to
ease anxiety and address important points of care, concerns, and
progress with the patient/family.
- Provides patients with caregiver name and contact information
- Supports and informs the patient and family of hospital
specific components of the Patient Centered Care Delivery model.
Examples may include informing the family of open medical record
policy, supports open family visitation, family presence during
resuscitation and other invasive procedures and promotes a quiet
- Follows communication practices that minimize risks associated
with handoffs among providers, and across transitions in care
utilizing the SBAR process.
- Empowers contributions of others who play a role in helping
patients/families achieve health goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to formulate questions that address
clinical issues and analyzes the evidence to address these
- Demonstrates proficiency in completing an evidence-based
practice literature search.
- Demonstrates quality through accurate documentation of the
nursing process, core measures and concurrent use of tools and
resources to ensure high compliance is achieved (core measure
checklist, double checks, etc.).
- Understands and analyzes unit metrics to understand how
individual practice, continuing education, and process improvement
is necessary to improve the quality of practice.
- Follows facility policies and procedures to promote patient
safety (i.e. safe medication administration, equipment safety
practices, radiation safety, fire prevention, etc.).
- Reports errors (facility and unit) to promote analysis of
errors and design of prevention or system improvements.
- Navigates the patient's electronic health record to accurately
enter and locate appropriate information.
- Demonstrates sound judgment to increase or decrease the
frequency of data collection based upon the patient's clinical
condition and data trends.
- Incorporates patient data from multiple sources to identify
problems and assure timely and appropriate intervention.
- Maximizes the capabilities of the electronic clinical
information system to enhance clinical decision and care
- Makes discretionary patient care decisions/interventions
independently within the scope of practice (selects a course of
action consistent with the patient?s needs and is accountable for
decisions). Is self-directed and decision oriented.
- Facilitates problem resolution among peers and unlicensed team
members when behaviors and decisions are not within the range of
- Evaluates changes in the patient condition and reports
significant findings to the physician. Involves all disciplines,
patient & family to coordinate effective medical and nursing
interventions including rescue to achieve positive outcomes.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Keywords: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, Enid , RN 13-WEEK ASSIGNMENT: ER FT NIGHTS CHARGE NURSE EXP, Healthcare , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!