Community Affairs Manager
Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Responsible for developing and maintaining positive working
relationships and to support and help advance the company's
business strategy by fostering the support of citizens, businesses,
organizations, elected officials and its members throughout the
company's service territory and to represent the communities' needs
to the company.
- Provides relevant information from the field to the leaders of
the business units to help them maintain a better understanding of
issues, trends, concerns and opportunities in the communities.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with key
stakeholders in the area.
- Leads and supports the coordination of economic and community
development strategies, including locally established
- Participates in and assumes leadership roles in local business-
related organizations and activities.
- Identifies and participates in community activities and
organizations to promote the Company and enhance its image in local
business and civic affairs.
- Seeks out meaningful business intelligence for use in
identifying and developing potential communities and key customers
- Coordinates corporate efforts with a variety of internal
functions to ensure that the company is well represented within
- Responsible for all activities surrounding franchise elections
and system lease renewals within assigned area.
- Stays abreast of all local business development, laws,
ordinances and regulations that could potentially affect company
- Works with key customers in assigned areas as necessary to
provide coordination of electrical service and account maintenance
as well as helping to resolve service quality and billing
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Eight (8) years directly related experience in Public
Relations, Economic Development, Community Relations, Municipal
and/or County Government or the Utility Industry.
- Valid State Driver's License
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION**
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to exercise independent judgment.
- Able to work within and support Company policies.
- Act as lead in department and/or company initiatives.
- Knowledge of municipal, legislative and regulatory
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, and
- High degree of Company knowledge and professional judgment
required to respond to inquiries.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and self- management; able to
multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability and willingness to project a positive Company image
under sensitive and sometimes adverse political conditions.
- In depth understanding of Company operations and Company terms
and Conditions of Service.
- Able to move customer services to large commercial and/or
industrial customers involving activities such as electric service
coordination, service quality, billing.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and
- May require extensive travel.
- May require use of personal vehicle to perform job duties.
Vehicle must be able to accommodate materials and supplies.
- May occasionally require lifting in excess of 25 pounds when
performing Safety programs or delivering materials to schools.
OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), is headquartered in Oklahoma City and
is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company
(OG&E), a regulated electric utility serving more than 815,000
customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE holds
26.3 percent limited partner interest and 50 percent general
partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, LP.OG&E serves
more than 815,000 retail customers in Oklahoma and western
Arkansas, and a number of wholesale customers throughout the
region. OG&E, with about 6,900 megawatts of capacity, generates
electricity from natural gas, western coal, and wind. OG&E's
electric transmission and distribution systems span 30,000 square
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Enid , Community Affairs Manager, Executive , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!