MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES MANAGER
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Responsible for the development, coordination, and administration
of medical staff activities in accordance with all policies and
parameters established by St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, the
officers of the medical staff, the medical staff bylaws, rules and
regulations, Joint Commission (TJC), and any other accrediting
bodies. Act as liaison between the medical staff and hospital
departments on issues to be brought before the medical staff
- National certification as a medical staff coordinator
- Three (3) to five (5) years health care experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills required,
organizational capability, computer and medical terminology
- Basic computer skills required.
- Plans annually for the scope of Medical staff activities with
the Chief of Staff and his/her officers and insures coordination of
committee actions with culmination to the Medical
- Executive Committee and final approval by the Board of
Governors. Meeting coordination/management of all medical staff
- Plans, formulates, and recommends for approval of the MEC the
policies, procedures, programs and other strategies which will
further the objectives and requirements of the MSO (i.e., takes
initiative in planning and formulating strategies and plans).
- Responsible for processing applications of all Medical Staff
members and Allied Health professional members for appointments,
re-appointments, status changes, resignations, etc.
- Works closely with the Chief of Staff, Department Chairmen, and
Committee Chairmen for ongoing compliance and follow-through with
total Medical Staff functions and actions.
- Serves as a resource person to both the Medical Staff and
hospital personnel regarding actions taken by the Medical Staff and
interpretation of the Medical Staff By-laws, Rules and
- Coordinates and maintains MSO "governance documents" such as
medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, related documents
(organization and functions manual, credentials policy, etc.), and
policies and procedures of the MSO. Assures that there is review of
existing policies and governance documents on a regular basis and
recommends changes to the MEC as appropriate.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of Medical Staff Bylaws,
Rules, and Regulations and responsible for appropriateness of all
forms used by the Medical Staff in their credentialing process, and
assist the QA Manager in developing competency profiles for both
Medical Staff Members and Allied Health professionals according to
- Ensures department meets or exceeds all required standards for
TJC, Oklahoma State Department of Health, Medicare, National
Practitioner Data Bank, and any other accrediting and surveying
body encompassing Medical Staff Services.
- Interact with all aspects of QA/QI and assist Medical Staff in
- Provide support for the Chairman of each Medical Staff
Committee with respect to agenda preparation, credentialing,
correspondence, QA/QI general information, etc.
- Responsible for coordination of interview process of new
applicants to the Medical Staff, new physician orientation,
orientation of new Medical Staff officers and committee chairmen,
and the billing/collection of annual dues. Coordinate annual
calendar of Medical Staff meetings, meals, scheduling classrooms,
- Assume responsibility in organizing and establishing priorities
for deadlines and assignments.
- Consistently maintain departmental expenses at or below budget
(plus approved unbudgeted expenditures, if applicable).
- Responsible for maintaining current TB and immunization history
on all Allied Health Professional Staff and Medical Staff according
to State and other regulatory bodies.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Coordinates and distributes monthly ER On-Call Schedules.
- Maintains accurate provider files in credentialing software
(i.e. Echo/Verity and MIDAS Seeker). Updates expirables on a daily
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit
to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments
and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: UHS, Enid , MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES MANAGER, Executive , Enid, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!